To care for people in the snow,¬†Hotham Alpine Resort maintains a skilled Ski Patrol Team throughout the winter months.
Ski Patrol operate to minimise the risk of injury and exposure to hazards for all persons in the resort and to provide assistance for injured or lost persons in the alpine region over winter. This is achieved by constant maintenance of the resort's slopes, monitoring the everchanging conditions in the alpine region, and educating resort visitors on safe and appropriate use. All patrollers are qualified and trained in many aspects of rescue in the Victorian alpine areas and all are trained in advanced emergency care. Mount Hotham Ski Patrol operates with a staff of paid professional full and part time patrollers as well as a large group of dedicated volunteer patrollers.
Patrollers at Mount Hotham are easily recognisable by their uniforms. All patrollers wear red and black with a large white cross on the back and a smaller cross on each arm.
The main purposes of the Mount Hotham Ski Patrol are to:
- Minimise the risk of injury and exposure to hazards for all resort users
- To educate resort users about safe and appropriate behavior in the Alpine environment
- Administer first aid assistance to injured persons on the snow
- Transfer those requiring further medical attention to the Ambulance Service and then onto the Hotham Medical Centre
- In conjunction with the Victorian Police and other emergency services to search for and rescue skiers lost in Alpine areas
- Serve the public with other assistance and skiing information
- Improve safety standards within the resort.
We also conduct Snow Skills programs designed to increase awareness and educate visitors about the alpine environment. Through the provision of these courses we hope to prepare people for the alps and as a result prevent accidents rather than cure them.
- Snow Reports & Cams
- Snowsports Centre
- Equipment Sales & Hire
- Group Offers
- Winter Activities
- Trail Map
- Lift Information
- Cross Country & Biathlon
- Snow Play & Tobogganing
- Snow Safety
- Terrain Parks
- Additional Activities
- Restaurants & Bars
- Day Spas
- Family Fun
- Summer Activities