Believe you can achieve... Because at Hotham Snowsports Centre we are here to give you all the assistance you need.¬†
All adult and youth lessons, for people aged 15 or above, start from outside Hotham Central.
Adult and Youth Group lessons at Hotham Snowsports Centre cater for all standards of skier and boarder.
They are a fun and cost effective way to improve your skills, not to mention a good opportunity to meet people of a similar ability.¬†¬†
A 2 hour* group lesson is $59 per person.
No bookings are neccessary.
*A 1 hour lesson will occur if there are 2 or less¬†people in the class.
It is a good idea to package lessons with your¬†lift passes.
Click Here for Adult Lift and¬†Lesson Package prices.
Click Here for¬†Equipment Hire.
Lesson Meeting Places and Times
Classes meet out the front of Hotham Central at 10am and 1.30pm (1.30pm lessons only run during peak season from 29 June through to 15 September).¬†Please try to be at the meeting place 5 ‚Äď 10 minutes prior to the lesson to allow enough time for the supervisors to put you into the correct class level.
Click Here to work out which class level suits your ability.¬†
The Australian Ski Areas Association recommends the wearing of helmets for skiing and riding, and encourages you to educate yourself on the benefits and limitations of helmet usage.
All guest participants, of whatever age, in Snowsports School or other resort departments such as Resort Team or Winter Sports Clubs, which involve or include terrain parks, pipes, skier/boarder cross and/or race courses be required to wear an accredited ski or snowboard helmet.
Helmets are compulsory for all students in snowsports lessons. Hotham Sports will provide this as part of the rental package.
For further information go to the Australian Ski Areas Association¬†website.
The resort's combination of walk-on beginner areas and friendly, patient instructors is perfect for those starting out.¬†Hotham Snowsports Centre recommends that you start off learning to ski or board with a lesson; you will learn quickly, safely and easily - giving you more time to enjoy your time on the slopes!
Click here for some on-snow warm up tips¬†perfect for beginners.
Learn to Ski and Burton Learn to Ride
These are great packages and competitively priced to get you¬†on the snow and carving before you know it.¬†
Click here¬†to learn more about Burton Learn to Ride.
Intermediates & Advanced
It is always a good idea to get a lesson to help you "get your¬†legs back", improve your technique so you can ski and ride¬†more terrain or learn a new trick in the park.
If you are after something to really get you going try one of the Hotham Snowsports Specialty Programs:
- Women's Week (skiing only) -¬†29 July - 2¬†August 2013¬†(3 and 5 day program options available)
- Skimetric Program (ski only) Designed to fine tune all your equipment to suit your specific needs, this personalised half day program includes on-slope analysis, alignment, personal instruction and more
- Black Diamond Workshops - Hotham‚Äôs extreme zones can challenge the best skiers and riders. Join in a black or double black diamond workshop as part of a standard group lesson. Learn tips to master trees, bumps, powder or the park.
- Park Rangers Squad (ski or board; 7 to 14 year olds) A chance for 7 to 14 year olds to ski and snowboard with other hotshot riders, exploring natural terrain and Hotham‚Äôs parks for 6 hours each day. 8 - 13 July 2013
- Click Here to learn more about Adult¬†Specialty Programs.¬†
Contact Hotham Snowsports Centre to find out more:
Phone: 03 5759 4450