Alpine Responsibility Code
Ski and Ride with the Alpine Responsibility Code on your mind.
Regardless of how you enjoy your snowsport, always show courtesy to others and be aware that THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS in all snow recreation activities that common sense, protective equipment and personal awareness can reduce.
These risks include rapid changes in weather, visibility and surface conditions, as well as natural and artificial hazards such as rocks, trees, stumps, vehicles, lift towers, snow fences and snowmaking equipment.
'RESPECT GETS RESPECT'
From the lift line, to the slopes, through the park and the resort.
Know The Alpine Code
1. Know your ability and always stay in control and be able to stop and avoid other people or objects. It is your responsibility to stay in control on the ground and in the air.
2. Take lessons from qualified professional instructors to learn and progress.
3. Use appropriate protective equipment to minimise the risk of injury.
4. Before using any lift you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely and always use the restraining devices.
5. Observe and obey all signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails or runs.
6. Give way to people below and beside you on the hill. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
7. Do not stop where you are not clearly visible from above. Look uphill and give way to others when entering/exiting a trail or starting downhill.
8. Always ensure your equipment is in good condition and use suitable restraining devices to avoid runaway skiing/boarding equipment.
9. Do not ski, snowboard, ride a lift or undertake any other alpine activity if your ability is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
10. If you are involved in, or witness an accident or collision, alert Ski Patrol, remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
FAILURE TO OBSERVE THE CODE MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET OR PASS
BY SKI PATROL OR OTHER AUTHORISED PERSONNEL.
- Events Calendar
- Competition Results
- What's On
- Winter Activities
- Spas & Beauty
- Restaurants, Cafes & Bars
- Summer Activities