Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
We have had a big snowfall here at Mount Hotham today with at least 20cm falling since this morning. As the weather has come from the South-West we have had unusual snow drifting on the Great Alpine Road.
Vic Roads has decided to close the Great Alpine Road to inbound and outbound traffic on the Harrietville approach at 7:00pm tonight to deal with these snow drifts.
The Road will be opening again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.
The Omeo approach is open as usual, please fit chains as directed.
On the positive side there will be powder to shed tomorrow!!
09 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Bright P-12 College Dinner Plain Campus
- Hotham Hammer Moguls Event
- Aussie Ski X and SBX teams are joined by the Canadian Ski X fraternity at Hotham.
- Hotham's Banked Slalom gets big turnout
- Hotham FIS SBX Festival
- All Lifts Turning
- Hotham FIS Racing Festival
- Hotham's new mountain ambassadors
- 5th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Keogh's and Orchard set to open!
- Big names in ski racing ascend Mt Hotham
- Hotham Junior Freeride Series - Cheese n Crackered Rail Jam
- Try out new skis and boards for free!
- Australia Drift now open!
- Women: reach your peak this weekend!
- 3rd Place car in Pikes Peak to conquer Hotham's International Hillclimb
- Bread & Butters Rail Jam results!
- New Terrain Open
- First Hotham Junior Freeride Series Event this Saturday
- Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Hotham this Winter
- The 2014 Survey Results Are In
- Mt Hotham unveils Roundshot Camera first in Australia
- Lifts running on opening weekend
- OneTree Sports - NEW premium equipment store to open this weekend
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery