Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
We have had a big snowfall here at Mount Hotham today with at least 20cm falling since this morning. As the weather has come from the South-West we have had unusual snow drifting on the Great Alpine Road.
Vic Roads has decided to close the Great Alpine Road to inbound and outbound traffic on the Harrietville approach at 7:00pm tonight to deal with these snow drifts.
The Road will be opening again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.
The Omeo approach is open as usual, please fit chains as directed.
On the positive side there will be powder to shed tomorrow!!
09 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Women's Week kicks off
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- Arlberg Hotham
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- It’s started snowing!
- 10 Day Easter Sale at Rays Ski Shop!
- ARCC All Resorts survey winner
- Easter at Hotham and Dinner Plain
- Mt Hotham Strategic Management Plan
- Alpine Resorts Strategic Marketing Plan
- New Book - The King of Hotham
- Welcome to 2014
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run