Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
We have had a big snowfall here at Mount Hotham today with at least 20cm falling since this morning. As the weather has come from the South-West we have had unusual snow drifting on the Great Alpine Road.
Vic Roads has decided to close the Great Alpine Road to inbound and outbound traffic on the Harrietville approach at 7:00pm tonight to deal with these snow drifts.
The Road will be opening again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.
The Omeo approach is open as usual, please fit chains as directed.
On the positive side there will be powder to shed tomorrow!!
09 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- July School Holidays
- First Hotham Junior Freeride Series Event this Saturday
- Village Chairlift Open
- Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Hotham this Winter
- The 2014 Survey Results Are In
- Mt Hotham unveils Roundshot Camera first in Australia
- Lifts running on opening weekend
- OneTree Sports - NEW premium equipment store to open this weekend
- Diamond pattern tyre chains needed for Mt Hotham
- Snow falling and Snow guns firing with only a few days to go
- NEW night bus service for Dinner Plain and Hotham
- New restaurant for Hotham
- Brabralung year round, multi-purpose interpretive trail open just in time for Easter
- Hotham Auto Corsa Tarmac Rally
- First-ever Oceania Region Camp at Hotham
- Interruption To Electricity Supply - 18th May
- Snow! Snow! Snow!
- Last Days to purchase your Early Bird Season Car Permits...
- Tubing and bike pump track open for Easter long weekend
- 6 DAY ANY DAY LIFT PASS SPECIAL
- Up to 70% off ski and snowboard gear
- Great Alpine Road Closed 8am - 12:30pm Sunday
- Beyond Hotham Registration period extended
- Applications now open for Winter 2015 employment
- Photo Gallery