Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
We have had a big snowfall here at Mount Hotham today with at least 20cm falling since this morning. As the weather has come from the South-West we have had unusual snow drifting on the Great Alpine Road.
Vic Roads has decided to close the Great Alpine Road to inbound and outbound traffic on the Harrietville approach at 7:00pm tonight to deal with these snow drifts.
The Road will be opening again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.
The Omeo approach is open as usual, please fit chains as directed.
On the positive side there will be powder to shed tomorrow!!
09 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Last Days to purchase your Early Bird Season Car Permits...
- Snow! Snow! Snow!
- Brabralung year round, multi-purpose interpretive trail open just in time for Easter
- Hotham Auto Corsa Tarmac Rally
- Tubing and bike pump track open for Easter long weekend
- 6 DAY ANY DAY LIFT PASS SPECIAL
- Up to 70% off ski and snowboard gear
- Great Alpine Road Closed 8am - 12:30pm Sunday
- Beyond Hotham Registration period extended
- Applications now open for Winter 2015 employment
- Mt Hotham named in top 25 resorts by Business Insider
- Resort Management appoints new CEO
- 2015 Beyond Hotham Event Announcement
- Hotham Tracks & Trails, Running Along
- Opening Launch - Alpine Crossing Trail Head
- 7 Peaks Alpine Challenge 17 October 2014 - 31 March 2015
- Hotham History Timeline Project
- Goodbye to season 2014 - Hello season 2015!
- The countdown is on
- Spring snowfalls!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Learn to Ski Week
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Photo Gallery