Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
We have had a big snowfall here at Mount Hotham today with at least 20cm falling since this morning. As the weather has come from the South-West we have had unusual snow drifting on the Great Alpine Road.
Vic Roads has decided to close the Great Alpine Road to inbound and outbound traffic on the Harrietville approach at 7:00pm tonight to deal with these snow drifts.
The Road will be opening again tomorrow morning at 7:30am.
The Omeo approach is open as usual, please fit chains as directed.
On the positive side there will be powder to shed tomorrow!!
09 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Spring snowfalls!
- The BIG Spring lift ticket special
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Submissions now closed.
- Learn to Ski Week
- 2015 Hero Season Pass - On SALE
- The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Bright P-12 College
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chicks With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- Photo Gallery