New Book - The King of Hotham
There is a great new book that went on sale at the end of the Winter 2013 season - THE KING OF HOTHAM. MY FATHER by Gillian Salmon.
A legend in his time. The Ace Instructor. Mr Hotham & King of Hotham.¬†A stone monument stands isolated on top of Mt Higginbotham as testimony to Lindsay Salmon's efforts in the early development of Mt Hotham as a ski resort. The reader is drawn into the picture as Mt Hotham grows from a gold mining outpost to the premier ski resort it has become today as it paints vivid and effective portraits of pioneering individuals who lived a life style few Australians have experienced. Featuring - The Albury Ski Club, The Alpine Club, Mt Hotham, Mt Buffalo, Middle East. The History of skiing. Early skis, different styles of skiing, wax and clothing.
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION. ¬†www.kingofhotham.com
The Mt Hotham Resort Management Board still has a few copies of the book on sale. If you're interested in purchasing a copy please contact our office on 03 5759 3550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
07 January 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Another Brand New Day for first time skiers and snowboarders in September
- All lifts and all terrain open!
- 6th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Septembers to remember
- Our ambassadors tell us about their favourite Hotham runs
- Pullin and Brockhoff win SBX titles
- Mt Hotham heats up as big name elite snowboarders arrive for Australian SBX Championship
- Midweek Magic
- 9cm of snow overnight and more to come!
- Join Hotham's Women's Programs
- Get the Ski Aspen experience this winter
- Hotham Junior Freeride Series Rail Style
- 3 ways to save on your Hotham trip this season
- Heavenly Valley open for first tracks!
- Fireworks this weekend!
- The first Junior Freeride event was held on the weekend
- SIA Demo Days
- Coming to Mt Hotham on Election Day? Vote Before you go!
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery