New Book - The King of Hotham
There is a great new book that went on sale at the end of the Winter 2013 season - THE KING OF HOTHAM. MY FATHER by Gillian Salmon.
A legend in his time. The Ace Instructor. Mr Hotham & King of Hotham.¬†A stone monument stands isolated on top of Mt Higginbotham as testimony to Lindsay Salmon's efforts in the early development of Mt Hotham as a ski resort. The reader is drawn into the picture as Mt Hotham grows from a gold mining outpost to the premier ski resort it has become today as it paints vivid and effective portraits of pioneering individuals who lived a life style few Australians have experienced. Featuring - The Albury Ski Club, The Alpine Club, Mt Hotham, Mt Buffalo, Middle East. The History of skiing. Early skis, different styles of skiing, wax and clothing.
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION. ¬†www.kingofhotham.com
The Mt Hotham Resort Management Board still has a few copies of the book on sale. If you're interested in purchasing a copy please contact our office on 03 5759 3550 or email email@example.com
07 January 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- 5th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Keogh's and Orchard set to open!
- Big names in ski racing ascend Mt Hotham
- Hotham Junior Freeride Series - Cheese n Crackered Rail Jam
- Try out new skis and boards for free!
- Australia Drift now open!
- Women: reach your peak this weekend!
- 3rd Place car in Pikes Peak to conquer Hotham's International Hillclimb
- Bread & Butters Rail Jam results!
- New Terrain Open
- First Hotham Junior Freeride Series Event this Saturday
- Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Hotham this Winter
- The 2014 Survey Results Are In
- Mt Hotham unveils Roundshot Camera first in Australia
- Lifts running on opening weekend
- OneTree Sports - NEW premium equipment store to open this weekend
- Diamond pattern tyre chains needed for Mt Hotham
- Snow falling and Snow guns firing with only a few days to go
- NEW night bus service for Dinner Plain and Hotham
- New restaurant for Hotham
- Brabralung year round, multi-purpose interpretive trail open just in time for Easter
- Hotham Auto Corsa Tarmac Rally
- First-ever Oceania Region Camp at Hotham
- Interruption To Electricity Supply - 18th May
- Photo Gallery