New Book - The King of Hotham
There is a great new book that went on sale at the end of the Winter 2013 season - THE KING OF HOTHAM. MY FATHER by Gillian Salmon.
A legend in his time. The Ace Instructor. Mr Hotham & King of Hotham.¬†A stone monument stands isolated on top of Mt Higginbotham as testimony to Lindsay Salmon's efforts in the early development of Mt Hotham as a ski resort. The reader is drawn into the picture as Mt Hotham grows from a gold mining outpost to the premier ski resort it has become today as it paints vivid and effective portraits of pioneering individuals who lived a life style few Australians have experienced. Featuring - The Albury Ski Club, The Alpine Club, Mt Hotham, Mt Buffalo, Middle East. The History of skiing. Early skis, different styles of skiing, wax and clothing.
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION. ¬†www.kingofhotham.com
The Mt Hotham Resort Management Board still has a few copies of the book on sale. If you're interested in purchasing a copy please contact our office on 03 5759 3550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
07 January 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Hotham closing weekend!
- The Great Alpine Road Running Festival
- Freeride Big Mountain event results
- 15% off lift passes with online purchase
- 2017 early bird season pass now on sale!
- 10 great reasons to visit Hotham in spring
- The Will to Fly screening
- Midweek Magic - all week!
- What to wear at the snow
- Another Brand New Day for first time skiers and snowboarders in September
- 6th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Septembers to remember
- All lifts and all terrain open!
- Our ambassadors tell us about their favourite Hotham runs
- Pullin and Brockhoff win SBX titles
- Mt Hotham heats up as big name elite snowboarders arrive for Australian SBX Championship
- 9cm of snow overnight and more to come!
- Join Hotham's Women's Programs
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery