Great Alpine Rd Access Arrangements
VicRoads Media Release
5 March 2013
VicRoads is opening the Great Alpine Road after clearing the initial slip sites for the Labour Day long weekend. Restricted access times will apply for several weeks while further slip repair and tree clearing works progress.
Access times are as follows:
Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 March
Open 7am – 9am and 4.30pm – 6.30pm for permit holders only (residents and business owners)
Friday 8 March
Open 7am – 9am and 2pm – 7pm for general access including light vehicles under 23 tonnes and 8 metres length
Saturday 9 March – Monday 11 March
Open 7am – 7pm for general access including light vehicles under 23 tonnes and 8 metres length
Tuesday 12 March – ongoing
Open 7am – 9am and 4.30 pm – 6.30pm for general access including light vehicles under 23 tonnes and 8 metres length
Due to the expected number of visitors using the road VicRoads will interrupt recovery works for the long weekend period. However past the slip sites the road will be closed to one lane only under a traffic signal arrangement. Drivers should expect delays.
After the weekend work on the three slip sites will commence as will tree clearing works up slope of the road. For safety reasons the road could be closed temporarily during the tree clearing process while trees are being felled.
Alternative access to Omeo from the North East is available via Falls Creek and the Bogong High Plains Road.
Information about road closures can be found on the VicRoads website at: www.vicroads.vic.gov.au.
VicRoads Regional Communications Officer Dina Jones
Tel.: 5761 1836
Further information can be obtained by ringing the MHARMB Office on 03 57593550 or emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Liaison – MHARMB
05 March 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- The countdown is on
- Spring snowfalls!
- The BIG Spring lift ticket special
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Submissions now closed.
- Learn to Ski Week
- 2015 Hero Season Pass - On SALE
- The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Bright P-12 College
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chicks With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Photo Gallery