Razorback Run returns to Mount Hotham in March 2017
Australia’s spectacular Razorback Run is set to take place on Saturday 18 March 2017.
The alpine run offers three challenging distances on the Razorback summit to Mt Feathertop – the second highest mountain in Victoria.
The Razorback Ridge Run is a 64 km track that extends the length of the Razorback and offers some of the most scenic views in the Australian Alps. It starts and finishes at Harrietville Caravan Park and is a fantastic track for those looking for a unique high altitude challenge.
The Razorback Circuit which extends 40 km, and the Razorback Ridge short course which extends 22 km are available for those who wish to enjoy a day in the heart of Victoria’s high country, with a beautiful track up to the Mt Feathertop Summit and back along the Razorback.
Running Wild’s Event Director Paul Ashton said that weekend is an opportunity to meet and greet old and new runners and take in some of the most stunning scenery and terrain offered in Australia.
“It’s a great social weekend, we have a dinner and a briefing at the pub in Harrietville on Friday night, so its great opportunity for runners to catch up and meet new people,” Mr Ashton said.
“On Saturday night, we will have a presentation and dinner at other pub in Harrietville, which will be a good social night, catching up and talking about their experiences on the day.
“One of the best parts about the run is being able to run right along the Razorback Ridge and take in the stunning views of Mt Feathertop.
“It’s a smashing run with the best views in the High Country,” he said.
The Razorback Run has been running every year since it started in 2001 and has now attained two major sponsors Bogong Equipment and Hammer Nutrition.
For further information about participating in the Razorback Run or other alpine runs, visit www.runningwild.net.au or contact Paul Aston on 0418 136 070.
03 February 2017
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Early Bird Season Permits Available Online Now
- Mount Hotham weddings are second to none
- Hotham brings the history out in people
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Snowball Express – Mt Hotham Bus Service is set to raise money for charity over 2017 snow season
- Lodges fire into action
- Easter Fun at Hotham & Dinner Plain
- Volunteer Ski Patroller Keith Brandenberger will be missed by everyone
- SNOW! Winter has arrived.....
- O’Connell’s celebrate 60 years of transport service to Mount Hotham and Omeo regions
- Mount Hotham Easter Markets have been cancelled
- Mount Hotham hopes to build awareness on the importance of recycling in the resort
- The highest brewery in Australia turns one
- There is a reason why Victorian Alps Nursery is so unique
- Tour de Cure is on their way from Hotham to Hobart
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery