Razorback Run returns to Mount Hotham in March 2017
Australia’s spectacular Razorback Run is set to take place on Saturday 18 March 2017.
The alpine run offers three challenging distances on the Razorback summit to Mt Feathertop – the second highest mountain in Victoria.
The Razorback Ridge Run is a 64 km track that extends the length of the Razorback and offers some of the most scenic views in the Australian Alps. It starts and finishes at Harrietville Caravan Park and is a fantastic track for those looking for a unique high altitude challenge.
The Razorback Circuit which extends 40 km, and the Razorback Ridge short course which extends 22 km are available for those who wish to enjoy a day in the heart of Victoria’s high country, with a beautiful track up to the Mt Feathertop Summit and back along the Razorback.
Running Wild’s Event Director Paul Ashton said that weekend is an opportunity to meet and greet old and new runners and take in some of the most stunning scenery and terrain offered in Australia.
“It’s a great social weekend, we have a dinner and a briefing at the pub in Harrietville on Friday night, so its great opportunity for runners to catch up and meet new people,” Mr Ashton said.
“On Saturday night, we will have a presentation and dinner at other pub in Harrietville, which will be a good social night, catching up and talking about their experiences on the day.
“One of the best parts about the run is being able to run right along the Razorback Ridge and take in the stunning views of Mt Feathertop.
“It’s a smashing run with the best views in the High Country,” he said.
The Razorback Run has been running every year since it started in 2001 and has now attained two major sponsors Bogong Equipment and Hammer Nutrition.
For further information about participating in the Razorback Run or other alpine runs, visit www.runningwild.net.au or contact Paul Aston on 0418 136 070.
03 February 2017
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Hotham backs a ride for a good cause - Tour de Cure 2017
- Corral Car Park Site, Hotham Village call for Expressions of Interest in development
- Bringing Easter To New Heights
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Summit Snowmaking Stage 4: Snowmaking Works
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Wangaratta Ski Club reunites in memory of member Charlie Derrick and the 50th Anniversary of Derrick Hut
- Marty and Dan cycle the 7 Peaks to raise money to assist those in need
- Developing tadpoles have, once again, been discovered in the Loch Dam
- Cyclists pedal ‘7 Peaks in 7 Days’ to raise funds for prostate cancer research
- Mount Hotham welcomed Casey Demons VFL last weekend for their pre-season camp
- New picnic shelter infrastructure gives Mount Hotham a sense of arrival
- Hotham's Digital Tour Guide is all you need
- Mount Hotham's guided bushwalks are more than just a walk
- Mount Hotham’s trail cameras pick up the wariest of native wildlife
- Mount Hotham sees its first snowfall for the year
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery