FIS Skier X
Aussie Olympian, Sami Kennedy-Sim, took first place in the female FIS Skier Cross event at Hotham on Friday, narrowly beating youngsters Lauren¬†Hurley-Pearson Lauren and¬†Ysabel¬†Cronin-Guss.
First place in the men's Skier Cross was taken by Kiwi Jamie Prebble, followed by Australian Olympian Anton Grimus in second place and William Payne in third.
It was a wild and windy couple of days for the competitors, as they battled with the wind as much as each other, though the clouds lifted long enough for riders to be able to launch down the course. ¬†The course starts at¬†the Summit, crosses Hull Bridge and swoops down to finish at Roadrunner spitting out skiers with its huge kickers and fast corners.
See all the Skier Cross results here - coming soon.
The Rider Cross event will get underway on August 9, with big names such as Alex "Chumpy" Pullin in the line up.
03 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- July School Holidays
- First Hotham Junior Freeride Series Event this Saturday
- Village Chairlift Open
- Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Hotham this Winter
- The 2014 Survey Results Are In
- Mt Hotham unveils Roundshot Camera first in Australia
- Lifts running on opening weekend
- OneTree Sports - NEW premium equipment store to open this weekend
- Diamond pattern tyre chains needed for Mt Hotham
- Snow falling and Snow guns firing with only a few days to go
- NEW night bus service for Dinner Plain and Hotham
- New restaurant for Hotham
- Brabralung year round, multi-purpose interpretive trail open just in time for Easter
- Hotham Auto Corsa Tarmac Rally
- Bread & Butters Rail Jam results!
- First-ever Oceania Region Camp at Hotham
- Interruption To Electricity Supply - 18th May
- Snow! Snow! Snow!
- Last Days to purchase your Early Bird Season Car Permits...
- Tubing and bike pump track open for Easter long weekend
- 6 DAY ANY DAY LIFT PASS SPECIAL
- Up to 70% off ski and snowboard gear
- Great Alpine Road Closed 8am - 12:30pm Sunday
- Beyond Hotham Registration period extended
- Photo Gallery