Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run
Dinner Plain is thrilled to kick off the first annual Dinner Plain Mile High trail run event on Sunday 1st December, 2013. The Dinner Plain Mile High, offers runners the opportunity to soak up the pristine alpine environment and challenge themselves to run at an altitude above 1600 metres (one mile) and join the Dinner Plain Mile High club.
The course starts in the picturesque alpine village of Dinner Plain which sits at 1569 metres above sea level and is located on The Great Alpine Road. The event then takes runners up and around the stunning vistas of Victoria’s Alpine National Park and Mount Hotham. The event offers a variety of distances catering for elite and recreational runners including 4km return to JB Plain, 7km return to Mother Johnson’s and a Half Marathon 21km return to Wire Plain.
“The alps offer a different environment for runners, not only is the air thinner at a mile high but the water is fresher and temperatures cooler”. said Gary Battershill, owner Peppers Rundells Alpine Lodge. “Runners will certainly have to work a bit harder to join the mile high club.”
Runners are invited to secure their spots at the starting line of the Dinner Plain Mile High from 15th October. Entry for Adults is $35 and Children $20 and includes a t-shirt of participation. Entries into the 21km half marathon, 7km and 4km will become available online HERE.
DP Riders Club wish to acknowledge the contributions of its sponsors and supporters including the Alpine Shire Council, Parks Victoria, Mount Hotham Resort Management Board, Mount Hotham Skiing Company and the local community, without their assistance this event would not be possible.
For all the details on the Dinner Plain Mile High visit HERE
- 13th October, 2013
For further information please contact: Gary Battershill
M 0427 890 050
Dinner Plain Alpine Village:
This relaxed, high altitude village sits at 1569 metres above the snowline and has over 300 private chalets, designed to complement the beautiful snowgums and alpine environment. Dinner Plain is a year round village with a beginner ski slope, extensive cross country ski trails, sled dog tours, mountain bike tracks and walking trails and arguably some of the best restaurants in the Australian alps. Located on The Great Alpine Road, 10km from Mount Hotham Alpine Resort and Hotham Airport, 2 hours drive from Wangaratta and Bairnsdale.
29 October 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Chick With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Your Feedback Needed
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- It’s started snowing!
- 10 Day Easter Sale at Rays Ski Shop!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- ARCC All Resorts survey winner
- Easter at Hotham and Dinner Plain
- Mt Hotham Strategic Management Plan
- Alpine Resorts Strategic Marketing Plan
- New Book - The King of Hotham
- Welcome to 2014
- Photo Gallery