Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
The second appetizer of the ‘OOTZ A la Carte in the Park’ Series, the Cheese and Crackered Rail Jam, was served on Saturday in Hotham's Basin Rail Park. The event saw the return of some series regulars and also attracted new participants to shake up the competition. It was great weather for a park session with an overcast sky and soft wet snow on the ground. We witnessed some serious talent through the park in both ski and snowboard disciplines, keeping the series competitive and exciting to watch.
In the male ski category we had grommet Sam Heffernan showing improvement from the last event to take out first place with some impressive tricks, while Bread and Butters winner Gus Broersen came in a close second place. Series newcomer Harry Martin impressed the judges, taking out first place in the open ski category.
In the male snowboard category, we saw brothers Dylan and Lachlan Walker battle it out for the grommet title, with Dylan overcoming his brother to take out first place. Series regular, Carter Mills took out the junior category throwing some impressive tricks, while series newcomer Jon Martin dominated the open category.
The female snowboarders were out in force this event, with race club member, Ava-Willow Wilson taking out first place in the grommet division, followed closely by Cortney Bartlet and Charlotte Cornelius. In the open category, Yennie Trant threw some exciting tricks to place first place, with Amber Ma following closely behind in second.
Special mention to our sponsors OOTZ Tall Hoodies, BoardBox, Pinnacle and Hot Doggies. Next up on the menu is the first of the main courses, the Hot-Ham Banked Slalom (snowboard only) and the Hot-Ham Hammer Bumps Event (ski only). Both events will take place on August 9th. To register, head online to the Events Calendar at www.mthotham.com.au. The link for online registration can be found under each event.
28 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Cold snap brings early snow.
- Resort Entry
- Exciting New Village Concept Plan
- Mt Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board Annual Report 2014/15
- Hotham Autumn Feast
- Applications for employment this winter now open!
- The Green Army help revegetation project in Swindlers Valley
- Camp Hotham - Snowsports Racer Program
- Rays Ski Shop 10 Day Easter Sale
- Easter in the Alpine Region
- 6 Day Any Day Lift Pass
- 2016 SSA Recreational Competition Survey
- Huge snow gear clearance
- Explore more of Hotham on the Digital Tour Guide
- New Board Appointments for 2016
- Dinner Plain Tube Park Open for Christmas
- Electricity supply interruption 24th Nov 2015
- A Good Sign for the Bushwalking Season
- Onsen Retreat + Spa open for Melbourne Cup Long Weekend
- Hotham Auto Corsa Alpine Tarmac Rally Postoned
- Travelling The Great Alpine Road
- Hotham's $4.4 Million Snowmaking Expansion for 2016 and Beyond
- Auto Corsa Hotham Tarmac Rally Course Announcement
- Closing weekend scavenger hunt
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery