Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
The second appetizer of the ‘OOTZ A la Carte in the Park’ Series, the Cheese and Crackered Rail Jam, was served on Saturday in Hotham's Basin Rail Park. The event saw the return of some series regulars and also attracted new participants to shake up the competition. It was great weather for a park session with an overcast sky and soft wet snow on the ground. We witnessed some serious talent through the park in both ski and snowboard disciplines, keeping the series competitive and exciting to watch.
In the male ski category we had grommet Sam Heffernan showing improvement from the last event to take out first place with some impressive tricks, while Bread and Butters winner Gus Broersen came in a close second place. Series newcomer Harry Martin impressed the judges, taking out first place in the open ski category.
In the male snowboard category, we saw brothers Dylan and Lachlan Walker battle it out for the grommet title, with Dylan overcoming his brother to take out first place. Series regular, Carter Mills took out the junior category throwing some impressive tricks, while series newcomer Jon Martin dominated the open category.
The female snowboarders were out in force this event, with race club member, Ava-Willow Wilson taking out first place in the grommet division, followed closely by Cortney Bartlet and Charlotte Cornelius. In the open category, Yennie Trant threw some exciting tricks to place first place, with Amber Ma following closely behind in second.
Special mention to our sponsors OOTZ Tall Hoodies, BoardBox, Pinnacle and Hot Doggies. Next up on the menu is the first of the main courses, the Hot-Ham Banked Slalom (snowboard only) and the Hot-Ham Hammer Bumps Event (ski only). Both events will take place on August 9th. To register, head online to the Events Calendar at www.mthotham.com.au. The link for online registration can be found under each event.
28 July 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- July School Holidays
- First Hotham Junior Freeride Series Event this Saturday
- Village Chairlift Open
- Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Hotham this Winter
- The 2014 Survey Results Are In
- Mt Hotham unveils Roundshot Camera first in Australia
- Lifts running on opening weekend
- OneTree Sports - NEW premium equipment store to open this weekend
- Diamond pattern tyre chains needed for Mt Hotham
- Snow falling and Snow guns firing with only a few days to go
- NEW night bus service for Dinner Plain and Hotham
- New restaurant for Hotham
- Brabralung year round, multi-purpose interpretive trail open just in time for Easter
- Hotham Auto Corsa Tarmac Rally
- Bread & Butters Rail Jam results!
- First-ever Oceania Region Camp at Hotham
- Interruption To Electricity Supply - 18th May
- Snow! Snow! Snow!
- Last Days to purchase your Early Bird Season Car Permits...
- Tubing and bike pump track open for Easter long weekend
- 6 DAY ANY DAY LIFT PASS SPECIAL
- Up to 70% off ski and snowboard gear
- Great Alpine Road Closed 8am - 12:30pm Sunday
- Beyond Hotham Registration period extended
- Photo Gallery