The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
For the third year in a row, Hotham Alpine Resort turned pink on¬†Saturday 6 September and raised over $5,000¬†in support of Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA).
Two dollars from every weekend pass and $2 from every 2 Day Resort Entry Permit were donated to BCNA to help support Australians with breast cancer.
BCNA also held the highest Mini-Field of Women in Australia on Saturday afternoon. Hundreds of pink lady silhouettes were planted in a stunning and powerful visual tribute to those affected by breast cancer.¬†Skiers and boarders were invited to plant a pink lady silhouette, and leave with it a message of support to a loved one diagnosed with breast cancer or in memory of a loved one lost.
The day was topped off with¬†a spectacular fireworks display over Hotham‚Äôs Summit on Saturday evening, along with a pink flare run for kids down the Summit run. Raffle tickets winning amazing prizes were drawn soon after, with all prizes donated by Hotham Alpine Resort businesses. Congratulations and thanks for donating go out to Libby, Steve, Karen, Strode, Lyndall and many other lucky winners of the raffle. Thank you all for your generous donations to the BCNA organization.
BCNA works to ensure that Australians affected by breast cancer receive the very best support, information, treatment and care appropriate to their individual needs. Hotham Alpine Resort would like to thank everyone who has donated to the cause and shown their support.
To make a donation to BCNA or to find out more please visit their website at www.bcna.org.au.
26 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- NEW night bus service for Dinner Plain and Hotham
- Interruption To Electricity Supply - 18th May
- New restaurant for Hotham
- Brabralung year round, multi-purpose interpretive trail open just in time for Easter
- Hotham Auto Corsa Tarmac Rally
- Snow! Snow! Snow!
- Last Days to purchase your Early Bird Season Car Permits...
- Tubing and bike pump track open for Easter long weekend
- 6 DAY ANY DAY LIFT PASS SPECIAL
- Up to 70% off ski and snowboard gear
- Great Alpine Road Closed 8am - 12:30pm Sunday
- Beyond Hotham Registration period extended
- Applications now open for Winter 2015 employment
- Mt Hotham named in top 25 resorts by Business Insider
- Resort Management appoints new CEO
- 2015 Beyond Hotham Event Announcement
- Hotham Tracks & Trails, Running Along
- Opening Launch - Alpine Crossing Trail Head
- 7 Peaks Alpine Challenge 17 October 2014 - 31 March 2015
- Hotham History Timeline Project
- Goodbye to season 2014 - Hello season 2015!
- The countdown is on
- Spring snowfalls!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Photo Gallery