The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
For the third year in a row, Hotham Alpine Resort turned pink on¬†Saturday 6 September and raised over $5,000¬†in support of Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA).
Two dollars from every weekend pass and $2 from every 2 Day Resort Entry Permit were donated to BCNA to help support Australians with breast cancer.
BCNA also held the highest Mini-Field of Women in Australia on Saturday afternoon. Hundreds of pink lady silhouettes were planted in a stunning and powerful visual tribute to those affected by breast cancer.¬†Skiers and boarders were invited to plant a pink lady silhouette, and leave with it a message of support to a loved one diagnosed with breast cancer or in memory of a loved one lost.
The day was topped off with¬†a spectacular fireworks display over Hotham‚Äôs Summit on Saturday evening, along with a pink flare run for kids down the Summit run. Raffle tickets winning amazing prizes were drawn soon after, with all prizes donated by Hotham Alpine Resort businesses. Congratulations and thanks for donating go out to Libby, Steve, Karen, Strode, Lyndall and many other lucky winners of the raffle. Thank you all for your generous donations to the BCNA organization.
BCNA works to ensure that Australians affected by breast cancer receive the very best support, information, treatment and care appropriate to their individual needs. Hotham Alpine Resort would like to thank everyone who has donated to the cause and shown their support.
To make a donation to BCNA or to find out more please visit their website at www.bcna.org.au.
26 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- The Countdown is on - 120 days to Winter 2015
- 2015 Beyond Hotham Event Announcement
- Hotham Tracks & Trails, Running Along
- Applications now open for Winter 2015 employment
- Hotham History Timeline Project
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Submissions now closed.
- The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
- 7 Peaks Alpine Challenge 17 October 2014 - 31 March 2015
- Resort Management appoints new CEO
- Mt Hotham named in top 25 resorts by Business Insider
- Opening Launch - Alpine Crossing Trail Head
- Goodbye to season 2014 - Hello season 2015!
- Half price lift tickets for season closing weekend
- The countdown is on
- Spring snowfalls!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Learn to Ski Week
- Red Bull King of Bob ‚Äď Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Bright P-12 College
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chicks With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Photo Gallery