7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge
Road cyclists participating in the 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge will now be able to clock their rides on Strava, with the launch of the 7 Peaks Alpine Ascent Challenge season in October. Offering some of the best alpine road cycling outside of Europe, the 7 Peaks AAC is an at-your-own pace cycling challenge which takes riders up winding mountain roads, around steep turns and past spectacular views right to the top of Victoria’s Alpine Resorts, including the Great Alpine Road to Hotham.
New Strava segments for the seven designated climbs – Mt Baw Baw, Mt Buffalo, Mt Buller, Dinner Plain, Lake Mountain, Falls Creek and Hotham – will allow cyclists to track their progress and challenge their friends throughout the 7 Peaks AAC season (18 Oct – 31 March). To be part of the challenge, cyclists simply register for a 7 Peaks Passport at www.7peaks.com.au or pick one up at the summit of their first climb.
Cyclists new to 7 Peaks AAC can take a virtual ride up Mt Buffalo with the release of a new video that tells the story of the personal challenge, camaraderie, invigoration and of course breathtaking views that come with every peak climbed.
To give keen cyclists’ training a boost, 7 Peaks ambassador GreenEDGE cyclist Simon Gerrans has put together a training program specifically for the 7 Peaks. Find it at www.7peaks.com.au.
Veterans of the 7 Peaks AAC – Hells 500 and The Climbing Cyclist – return this season to run their Domestique 7 Peaks Series for a second year. With a group ride scheduled for each of the 7 Peaks, organisers Andy van Bergen and Matt De Neef are committed to helping any cyclist who is committed to completing the climb, regardless of whether it’s their first or hundred-and-first.
Beyond the personal challenge and reward of climbing the 7 Peaks, every cyclist who conquers four peaks or more goes into the running to win the major prize of a Specialized Tarmac SL4 Pro road bike & accessories valued at over $7,000. Each climb is validated by collecting a resort stamp at the top of the mountain, or recording the ride in the 7 Peaks Strava segment. For each peak completed, riders also go into the draw to win a “Peak Prize” accommodation package.
Cyclists can tackle the 7 Peaks anytime from 18 October 2013 – 31 March 2014.
Virtual Ride up Mt Buffalo
Register for your 7 Peaks Passport or Follow Simon’s 7 Peaks Training program at www.7peaks.com.au
Share your 7 Peaks experience on Social Media:
Ride with The Domestique 7 Peaks Series:
9 December 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- The BIG Spring lift ticket special
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Submissions now closed.
- Learn to Ski Week
- 2015 Hero Season Pass - On SALE
- The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Bright P-12 College
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chicks With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Photo Gallery