Start of snowmaking!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Winter! With more than 25cm of natural snow on the ground already, following preseason snowfalls last week, Hotham’s snowmaking team was excited to fire up the snowmaking guns yesterday on the Big D.
Utilising recycled water from the Hotham Village water treatment plant, our fleet of 82 snowguns allows for more terrain to open earlier and for longer each season.
With only 16 days to go until opening weekend, it’s time you start planning your snow holiday for 2013…
Image: Excited members of the snowmaking team – Richard Guiness, Wayne Clayton and Drew Driver.
23 May 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Bright P-12 College
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Your Feedback Needed
- Hotham is Turning Pink!
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chick With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- It’s started snowing!
- 10 Day Easter Sale at Rays Ski Shop!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- ARCC All Resorts survey winner
- Easter at Hotham and Dinner Plain
- Photo Gallery