18cm fresh snow in 24 hours
This snowstorm really doesn’t want to slow down! We’ve received 18cm of fresh snowy goodness overnight, 30cm in 48 hours and nearly 80cm in the past week! It’s just sensational and there couldn’t be a better time to chuck a snowie than right now.
With the opening of Keogh’s/Orchard earlier this week, all lifts are operating in the resort and the whole mountain is accessible for your skiing and snowboarding pleasure. We should see a few more snow showers tomorrow before the weather clears up for the rest of the week.
If skiing and snowboarding isn’t enough to keep you on your toes, there are all kinds of events on in the resort to check out including the Snowboarder-X this weekend, the Australian Biathlon Championships at Whiskey Flat next weekend and the Snowfield of Pink Ladies for the Breast Cancer Network Australia – also next weekend to wrap up the end of Winter and welcome the beginning of Spring!
Image: 18cm of fresh snowy goodness on the Hotham railometre this morning, Friday 23 August.
23 August 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Bright P-12 College
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Your Feedback Needed
- Hotham is Turning Pink!
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chick With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- It’s started snowing!
- 10 Day Easter Sale at Rays Ski Shop!
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- ARCC All Resorts survey winner
- Easter at Hotham and Dinner Plain
- Photo Gallery