Audax Hotham Challenge Ride
Please see below for the latest update from Audax on the status of the Audax Hotham Challenge on Victorian Labour Day weekend:
"As announced by the CFA at 11 am on Thursday 21 February, bushfire activity in the vicinity of Mt Hotham is being being controlled and VicRoads is working towards a full reopening of the Great Alpine Road for the Labour Day long weekend. Although a final decision to proceed with our event will be dependent on receipt of permits from the relevant authorities, we hope that the inaugural Audax Hotham Challenge will proceed as planned.
There is plenty of accommodation on the mountain and Dinner Plain and Mt Hotham will welcome your patronage. We suggest that you delay booking your accommodation until we announce that the event will definitely take place.
If the event cannot proceed, there will be a full refund of entry fees."
Experience the thrill and challenge of riding the Great Alpine Road in a supported environment on Sunday 10 March 2013 at the Audax Hotham Challenge. Visit www.hothamchallenge.com.au for details and to register!
The Hotham Challenge Ride (formerly the Dinner Plain Festival of Cycling) is now the Audax Hotham Challenge. This stimulating cycling event, based out of the picturesque village of Dinner Plain offers a unique opportunity for road cyclists to challenge themselves on the climb and descent of the Great Alpine Road, reaching two Victorian peaks in the one day.
Registration is open; choose one of the following rides to tackle:
Dinner Plain to Mt Buffalo Return
Bright to Mt Buffalo Return
Dinner Plain to Bright Return
Stay tuned to www.hothamchallenge.com.au for details and follow Audax Australia on Facebook for your chance to win some great prizes in the lead up to the event.
Image: Cyclists climbing the Great Alpine Road at the 2012 Hotham Challenge Ride.
15 January 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Your Feedback Needed
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Hotham is Turning Pink!
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chick With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- 2015 Hero Season Pass - On SALE
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Bright P-12 College
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- It’s started snowing!
- 10 Day Easter Sale at Rays Ski Shop!
- Photo Gallery