The Big D is open!
Following an incredible night of snowmaking last night and enormous efforts from our snowmaking and grooming teams, we are excited to have the first lift turning. We made over 1900 truck loads of snow yesterday across the resort and its starting to look great!
The first skiers and boarders went on the lift just after 9am and got to enjoy the first run of the 2013 season. They also got to use their Snow Pass – a fully automated, reloadable access card for all their lift ticket, lessen and equipment needs. The Big D is one of the key access lifts that got new scanning gates over the summer month. These mirror the streamlined system that’s used by top ski resorts around the world.
Lift ticket prices are $49 per adult, $39 for youths and $29 per child. Join in a 2 hour group lesson for $59. Click here for more information about Kids Klub and Mighty Mites programs. Learn to Ski Pricing (Lift & Lesson) is also available for this weekend at $100 for adults and $85 for youth.
Don’t forget to go online and register your Snow Pass to be eligible for some great discounts ahead of the school holidays. Save 15% when you purchase your lift passes 14 days in advance and save 10% when you purchase your lift passes 7 days in advance!
Why not come up and enjoy the snow, the sunshine and a few turns with your friends.
See you at the Big D!
22 June 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Submissions now closed.
- Learn to Ski Week
- 2015 Hero Season Pass - On SALE
- The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Bright P-12 College
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chicks With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- Photo Gallery