The Big D is open!
Following an incredible night of snowmaking last night and enormous efforts from our snowmaking and grooming teams, we are excited to have the first lift turning. We made over 1900 truck loads of snow yesterday across the resort and its starting to look great!
The first skiers and boarders went on the lift just after 9am and got to enjoy the first run of the 2013 season. They also got to use their Snow Pass – a fully automated, reloadable access card for all their lift ticket, lessen and equipment needs. The Big D is one of the key access lifts that got new scanning gates over the summer month. These mirror the streamlined system that’s used by top ski resorts around the world.
Lift ticket prices are $49 per adult, $39 for youths and $29 per child. Join in a 2 hour group lesson for $59. Click here for more information about Kids Klub and Mighty Mites programs. Learn to Ski Pricing (Lift & Lesson) is also available for this weekend at $100 for adults and $85 for youth.
Don’t forget to go online and register your Snow Pass to be eligible for some great discounts ahead of the school holidays. Save 15% when you purchase your lift passes 14 days in advance and save 10% when you purchase your lift passes 7 days in advance!
Why not come up and enjoy the snow, the sunshine and a few turns with your friends.
See you at the Big D!
22 June 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Women's Week kicks off
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- On the eve of the snowstorm that Australia is talking about!
- Update your Snow Pass details...
- Mount Hotham Consultative Forum
- Snowball Express from Albury Airport to Hotham
- Arlberg Hotham
- Mt Hotham Resort Management Board
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- It’s started snowing!
- 10 Day Easter Sale at Rays Ski Shop!
- ARCC All Resorts survey winner
- Easter at Hotham and Dinner Plain
- Mt Hotham Strategic Management Plan
- Alpine Resorts Strategic Marketing Plan
- New Book - The King of Hotham
- Welcome to 2014
- Happy Christmas from Hotham!
- Tracks & Trails Now Open
- Dinner Plain MILE HIGH Trail Run