Get the Ski Aspen experience this winter
Ski Aspen’s Nick Farr and Paul Smythe live the dream life. Long-time Hotham skiers and sometime Ski & Ride School instructors, they also spend the Northern Hemisphere winters hosting Australian skiers in Aspen Snowmass on their fabulous Ski Aspen tours.
Nick Farr founded Ski Aspen in 1995. Nick wanted to show people the magic of Aspen. That it isn’t all glitz and glamour and movie stars. That it doesn’t have to cost a million bucks to holiday there. So with a small group and the support of the Aspen Skiing Company, Nick began running ski tours from Australia, often filled with fellow Hotham skiers, all wanting a summer fix with like-minded friends on a like-minded mountain.
Nick basically blended together all the things he loved about skiing. Lots of miles and time on snow, local knowledge, infamous après events, accommodation in unbeatable locations and all for the right price. Over the past 21 seasons, one tour per season turned into two tours, then three, and now four, with many guests returning every year for the Ski Aspen experience.
Hotham and Ski Aspen are working together to reinvent the ski holiday for Australian skiers. Creating something bigger and better for Aussie skiers has long been the goal for Nick Farr and Paul Smythe from Ski Aspen.
“We wanted to merge skiing in the northern and southern hemispheres in a way not seen before… it’s all about great times and real value,” says Paul. “The make-up of the overseas ski holiday really hasn’t changed in the last 30 years. We want to challenge that and genuinely offer people more. We also think the kind of skier who calls Hotham home is going to get the most out of a Ski Aspen tour” says Nick.
Ski Aspen is now in its 22nd year of showing Aussies the real Aspen experience. The Hotham / Ski Aspen partnership will change what you expect from a ski holiday. As Nick and Paul like to say “The only thing we’ve changed… is everything.”
Now the idea has come full circle and its coming to Hotham. Mt Hotham Skiing Co., Aspen Snowmass (Aspen Ski Co.) and Ski Aspen have joined forces to rekindle some Hotham history, before we make a little history together.
For one long weekend in August – a weekend dedicated to skiing, après, camaraderie and fun – the Ski Aspen experience is coming to Hotham. We’ll have three days of guided skiing in Hotham’s best terrain with Hotham’s best Ski & Ride School coaches; plenty of laughs afterwards with social events every evening; and Joyce Brockhoff Hut out in Heavenly Valley will become centre stage, a downunder version of Aspen Highlands’ infamous Cloud 9, fun Aspen and Hotham style showcasing the newest partnership in Australian skiing.
Ski Aspen at Hotham event information
25-28 August 2016
- 3-day on-snow program operated by our Hotham/Ski Aspen ski instructors & guides
- Après events
27 August 2016
- Joyce Brockhoff Hut event
Check out the full event itinerary
To find out more, including how you can ski for FREE at Hotham in 2017, go to Ski Aspen @ Hotham
Find out more about Ski Aspen
21 July 2016
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Early Bird Season Permits Available Online Now
- Mount Hotham weddings are second to none
- Hotham brings the history out in people
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Snowball Express – Mt Hotham Bus Service is set to raise money for charity over 2017 snow season
- Lodges fire into action
- Easter Fun at Hotham & Dinner Plain
- Volunteer Ski Patroller Keith Brandenberger will be missed by everyone
- SNOW! Winter has arrived.....
- O’Connell’s celebrate 60 years of transport service to Mount Hotham and Omeo regions
- Mount Hotham Easter Markets have been cancelled
- Mount Hotham hopes to build awareness on the importance of recycling in the resort
- The highest brewery in Australia turns one
- There is a reason why Victorian Alps Nursery is so unique
- Tour de Cure is on their way from Hotham to Hobart
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery