Dinner Plain Tube Park Open for Christmas
Summer through to autumn is a great time to be in the mountains away from the summer heat down in the lowlands. Mild days and cool nights make for a great nights sleep, so you can explore the great outdoors all day.
Dinner Plain's Tube Park will be open over the Christmas period, plus there are loads of hiking trails to roam, road cycling, a pump track, mountain biking trails, horse riding, tennis, frisbee golf, fishing and touring. For something a bit more relaxing Dinner Plain Onsen + Spa for a hot soak, a swim and a spa treatment.
Grab a bargain at One Tree Sports Hotham or the Salomon Concepts Store Dinner Plain, offering a huge range of discounted winter gear.
Plan your stay around one of our mountain events like the Cool Summer Music Festival, 7 Peaks Ride, Audax Challenge Ride, 7 Peaks Run, Audax Challenge Run, Easter ‘Geebung Polo’match, Beyond Hotham 4WD weekend, plus free guided history walks and more…
Before you hit the trails grab one of the hiking maps from either the Hotham or Dinner Plain day shelters plus any of the on-mountain accommodation booking services (free guided walks also available).
Dinner Plain Tube Park
Open 2pm – 5pm (weather dependent)
2 - 3 January 2016 | Easter: 25 – 28 March 2016.
Purchase tickets at the bottom of the slide and collect tube.
- $15 per person for an afternoon session
- $29 per person for an unlimited tubing access pass (separate purchase for Christmas & Easter).
Alpine Brumby Tours
Ride a brumby in the high country, riding out of Dinner Plain. Available Friday - Sunday. Horses to suit any level of rider, guaranteed small groups and experienced guides. Short and long rides plus midweek rides available upon request. Pre-book all rides on 0400 350 905.
- $15 Ride - 10min
- $60 DP Ride - 40min ($10 off December only)
- $150 Precipice Ride - 1/2 day ($25 off December only).
Dinner Plain's bike pump track is open every day in summer and is free to use. The pump track is suitable for bikes and scooters, for kids and adults alike.
You can find the pump track as you enter Dinner Plain the track is located to the right, next to the Onsen Retreat + Spa.
Onsen Retreat + Spa
Located in Dinner Plain the Onsen Retreat + Spa offers massage, skin care and body treatments as well as a Japanese inspired outdoor Onsen and an indoor heated pool.
Open 11am – 7pm | Friday – Monday in January | Easter: 25 – 28 March.
For more information visit the Onsen Retreat + Spa website or call 03 5150 8880.
OneTree Sports & Salomon Concepts
OneTree Sports offers offer an impressive range of technical clothing, apparel, footwear and accessorirs and the lastest most sort after brands in Skis, Boots and Boards. OneTree Sports and Salomon Concepts Dinner Palin are having a Christmas and Easter Sale with 50% - 70% off skiwear & Accessories, prices will also be slashed on Skis, Boots and Ex Demos.
Open 10am - 4pm
Christmas and New Year: 28 December 2015 - 6 January (12pm - 4pm 1 January) | Easter: 25 - 28 March.
16 December 2015
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Hotham backs a ride for a good cause - Tour de Cure 2017
- Corral Car Park Site, Hotham Village call for Expressions of Interest in development
- Bringing Easter To New Heights
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Summit Snowmaking Stage 4: Snowmaking Works
- There is a reason why Victorian Alps Nursery is so unique
- Tour de Cure is on their way from Hotham to Hobart
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Wangaratta Ski Club reunites in memory of member Charlie Derrick and the 50th Anniversary of Derrick Hut
- Marty and Dan cycle the 7 Peaks to raise money to assist those in need
- Developing tadpoles have, once again, been discovered in the Loch Dam
- Cyclists pedal ‘7 Peaks in 7 Days’ to raise funds for prostate cancer research
- Mount Hotham welcomed Casey Demons VFL last weekend for their pre-season camp
- New picnic shelter infrastructure gives Mount Hotham a sense of arrival
- Hotham's Digital Tour Guide is all you need
- Mount Hotham's guided bushwalks are more than just a walk
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery