FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
The FIS Australia New Zealand Snowboard Cross Championships were decided on the Hotham Boarder Cross CourseĀ this week.
Sixty-two competitors battled it out down for a place on the podium, in two races over two days. Ā
Day one saw ideal racing conditions on good to firm snow with the front runners starting to show. The snow softened up over day two, though saw faster race times as a result, with most competitors shaving off a few seconds of their times.
Aussie Olympians Belle Brockhoff and Alex "Chumpy" Pullin took first places in the senior divisions, crossing the finish line with times of 1:04.46 and 0:59.35 seconds respectively. Placegetters Karen Iwadare, Cassandra Fortune, Cam Bolton and Matt Thomas pushed through to get a spot on the podium.
In the grom division, Hotham up-and-coming local, Carter Mills, took out first place in the male group while Georgia Crisp took first in the female group. These two will be ones to watch in the future.
Image: Male SBX winners; Carter Mills and Alex Pullin
15 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Hotham Announces $4.4 Million Snowmaking Expansion for Winter
- Auto Corsa Hotham Tarmac Rally Course Announcement
- Closing weekend scavenger hunt
- School Holiday Specials
- Hotham Spring Cup Winners
- Learn to Ski & Snowboard at Hotham this spring!
- Online Auction to Help Support Ski Patrol
- FREE Resort Entry Wednesdays
- Aussie skiers and snowboarders go up against worldās elite at Hotham
- Hotham's Rider X a huge event
- Bright P-12 College Dinner Plain Campus
- Hotham Hammer Moguls Event
- Aussie Ski X and SBX teams are joined by the Canadian Ski X fraternity at Hotham.
- Hotham's Banked Slalom gets big turnout
- Hotham FIS SBX Festival
- All Lifts Turning
- Hotham FIS Racing Festival
- Hotham's new mountain ambassadors
- 5th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Keogh's and Orchard set to open!
- Big names in ski racing ascend Mt Hotham
- Hotham Junior Freeride Series - Cheese n Crackered Rail Jam
- Try out new skis and boards for free!
- Australia Drift now open!
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery