Congratulations to Rhonda Weir who won the 2016 Season Permit survey draw.
Rhonda will receive a 2017 Season Resort Entry Permit to get her through the Mount Hotham 2017 winter season.
Rhonda started skiing in her early twenties and first skied Mount Hotham with her husband in 1971. During that time, they joined the Tallawarra Ski Club, who back then had not yet built their lodge.
Mrs Weir said she had been visiting Mount Hotham, with her husband, every season since, and enjoys the ongoing developments of the resort.
“Mount Hotham was a very different scene back in the 70s – fairly basic but with plenty of adventure to be had on a great variety of slopes, many not serviced with tows,” Mrs Weir said.
“I have enjoyed downhills and Nordic skiing on the many slopes and tracks Hotham has to offer.
“We have ‘wrecked’ many pristine slopes discovered over the years.
“Our two boys have grown up on the snow, now my grandchildren are doing the same — we are a skiing and snowboarding family,” she said.
Every winter Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board (MHARMB) sends out the WoolCott Mount Hotham Visitor Satisfaction Survey link to those who entered the resort two weeks prior.
At the end of the winter season, WoolCott determine a winner for the Mount Hotham Season Car Permit for the following season.
14 February 2017
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Mount Hotham sees its first snowfall for the year
- Summit Snowmaking Stage 4: Snowmaking Works
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Bringing Easter To New Heights
- Get into the Alpine Spirit and start with the journey, not just the destination
- Congratulations to Rhonda Weir who won the 2016 Season Permit survey draw.
- Falls to Hotham Alpine Crossing - A breath of fresh air and a view to go with it
- Employment with Mount Hotham Resort Management Board
- Spike in property sales as the Alpine region grows in popularity
- Hotham 365 captures the interest of everyone
- Bushfire Preparation
- The Green Army helps protect Hotham
- Razorback Run returns to Mount Hotham in March 2017
- Mountain Dreaming Apartments Featured Star Ratings Gold List
- Summer in the high country
- Rare Alpine Marsh Marigold flowers found base of summit
- New major pipeline infrastructure successfully constructed at Mt Hotham
- Freeride Big Mountain event results
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery