Hotham - Snowfield of Women
Hotham will turn pink on Saturday 31 August in support of BCNA.
Visitors to Hotham on the weekend of Saturday 31 August and Sunday 1 September are encouraged to wear a touch of pink to show support for Australians affected by breast cancer.
BCNA will be holding a stunning ‘Snowfield of Women’ to show support and pay tribute to all those affected by breast cancer. Skiers and boarders are invited to attend and leave a message of support or tribute to a loved one affected by breast cancer.
A spectacular fireworks display will be held on Saturday evening, along with a pink flare run for kids down the Summit run.
For Maxine Morand, BCNA CEO, Hotham has long been a special place. “I love Hotham and have been visiting for over 25 years and even spent my honeymoon here. Following my breast cancer surgery I came up here for rest and recovery. Just a few weeks after surgery I was gently riding the slopes but greatly lifting my spirits,” Maxine said. “I am absolutely thrilled that Hotham is helping BCNA to support Australian women and families diagnosed with breast cancer.”
BCNA merchandise will be for sale at guest services and ticket halls and visitors are also encouraged to make a donation to BCNA to help them provide free support to Australian women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Maxine encouraged visitors to the mountain to show their support for breast cancer and BCNA.
“I hope visitors to the mountain that weekend will don a touch of pink, make a donation towards BCNA or buy some merchandise, and come along to the fireworks and mini-field to show their support for women with breast cancer.”
When: Saturday 31 August
Venue: Hotham Alpine Resort, Victoria
Where: Hotham Central, Great Alpine Road, Hotham Heights, 3741
Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) works to ensure women diagnosed with breast cancer, and their families, receive the very best information, treatment, care and support possible. For more information, support or to donate visit www.bcna.org.au or call 1800 500 258
12 August 2013
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- The countdown is on
- Spring snowfalls!
- The BIG Spring lift ticket special
- Mount Hotham Draft Master Plan - Submissions now closed.
- Learn to Ski Week
- 2015 Hero Season Pass - On SALE
- The Day Hotham Turned Pink!
- Spring Sessions Slopestyle + Final Placings
- Red Bull King of Bob – Boardercross meets tobogganing
- Camp Quality Fancy Dress Fun Walk - 6th September
- Bright P-12 College
- FIS ANC Alpine Races
- 'OOTZ A La Carte in the Park Series - the story so far
- Chicks With Stix a Hit
- FIS ANC Boarder Cross Decided!
- Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
- Hot fire events this weekend at Hotham
- FIS Skier X
- Cheese & Crackered Rail Jam
- Merlin's Magic Wand Interschools Challenge
- Snowmageddon 4.0 update
- Great Alpine Road Closed Tonight
- Snowmageddon 3.0 has arrived at Hotham
- Orchard now OPEN
- Photo Gallery