Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
The Hotham community came together for the Mums the Word Rail Jam, raising close to $15,000 for the Cancer Council on Saturday 9 August.
Ski and snowboard competitors threw down cool tricks on the Basin Terrain Park rails to a big crowd on Swindlers' back deck, followed up with a fundraising party with all proceeds going towards the Cancer Council's Daffodil Day.
Many thanks go out to those who donated to the cause, including the Mt Hotham Race Club, Hotham staff and locals who purchased raffle tickets, and the instructors and lifties who also did their bit to raise money by shaving their heads and beards on stage at the party.
A big thank you also goes out to Line Skis, Skull Candy, Gnu Snowboards, Volkl, Roxy and many more local businesses who donated items for the auction and raffle prizes.
Check out all the photos from the Mum's the Word Rail Jam on our Facebook page.
11 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Coming to Mt Hotham on Election Day? Vote Before you go!
- Expression of Interest, Provision of Internal Audit Services
- Gotcha Chair set to open this weekend!
- Opening Week Resort Entry Special Extended
- Hotham launches a Brand New Day for first time skiers and snowboarders - Adults
- Season Opening Weekend
- Hotham Turns On New Snowmaking Guns in Heavenly Valley
- Hotham’s first annual magazine released
- Kids are bigger at Hotham this year + other ticketing changes
- Cold snap brings early snow.
- Mt Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board Annual Report 2014/15
- Hotham Autumn Feast
- Applications for employment this winter now open!
- Resort Entry
- The Green Army help revegetation project in Swindlers Valley
- Camp Hotham - Snowsports Racer Program
- Rays Ski Shop 10 Day Easter Sale
- Easter in the Alpine Region
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery