Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
The Hotham community came together for the Mums the Word Rail Jam, raising close to $15,000 for the Cancer Council on Saturday 9 August.
Ski and snowboard competitors threw down cool tricks on the Basin Terrain Park rails to a big crowd on Swindlers' back deck, followed up with a fundraising party with all proceeds going towards the Cancer Council's Daffodil Day.
Many thanks go out to those who donated to the cause, including the Mt Hotham Race Club, Hotham staff and locals who purchased raffle tickets, and the instructors and lifties who also did their bit to raise money by shaving their heads and beards on stage at the party.
A big thank you also goes out to Line Skis, Skull Candy, Gnu Snowboards, Volkl, Roxy and many more local businesses who donated items for the auction and raffle prizes.
Check out all the photos from the Mum's the Word Rail Jam on our Facebook page.
11 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Septembers to remember
- Another Brand New Day for first time skiers and snowboarders in September
- What to wear at the snow
- All lifts and all terrain open!
- 6th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Our ambassadors tell us about their favourite Hotham runs
- Pullin and Brockhoff win SBX titles
- Mt Hotham heats up as big name elite snowboarders arrive for Australian SBX Championship
- Midweek Magic
- 9cm of snow overnight and more to come!
- Join Hotham's Women's Programs
- Get the Ski Aspen experience this winter
- Hotham Junior Freeride Series Rail Style
- 3 ways to save on your Hotham trip this season
- Heavenly Valley open for first tracks!
- Fireworks this weekend!
- The first Junior Freeride event was held on the weekend
- SIA Demo Days
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery