Rail Jam raises big bucks for Cancer Council
The Hotham community came together for the Mums the Word Rail Jam, raising close to $15,000 for the Cancer Council on Saturday 9 August.
Ski and snowboard competitors threw down cool tricks on the Basin Terrain Park rails to a big crowd on Swindlers' back deck, followed up with a fundraising party with all proceeds going towards the Cancer Council's Daffodil Day.
Many thanks go out to those who donated to the cause, including the Mt Hotham Race Club, Hotham staff and locals who purchased raffle tickets, and the instructors and lifties who also did their bit to raise money by shaving their heads and beards on stage at the party.
A big thank you also goes out to Line Skis, Skull Candy, Gnu Snowboards, Volkl, Roxy and many more local businesses who donated items for the auction and raffle prizes.
Check out all the photos from the Mum's the Word Rail Jam on our Facebook page.
11 August 2014
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Melbourne Cup Long Weekend in the High Country
- Employment Opportunity - Media and Communications Officer
- The Great Alpine Road Running Festival
- Mechanic Full Time Position Vacant
- New major pipeline infrastructure successfully constructed at Mt Hotham
- Freeride Big Mountain event results
- 15% off lift passes with online purchase
- Hero Pass sale is now closed
- 10 great reasons to visit Hotham in spring
- The Will to Fly screening
- Midweek Magic - all week!
- What to wear at the snow
- Another Brand New Day for first time skiers and snowboarders in September
- 6th Annual Mum's the Word Rail Jam
- Septembers to remember
- All lifts and all terrain open!
- Our ambassadors tell us about their favourite Hotham runs
- Pullin and Brockhoff win SBX titles
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery