Mount Hotham is a unique mountain which nurtures an abundance of alpine flora and fauna.Â If you are one of the lucky people who call Mount Hotham your home, then you know that fire preparation is paramount to the protection of our diverse environment and lifestyle.
The green season draws curiosity from visitors far and wide with its it flamboyant pastures and waves of green alpine bushes and plants. Walking tracks wind their way past snow gums and open grassy High Plains, which find their way to rivers and other waterways. Hotham alpine village boasts with 360-degree scenic views, luxury apartments, cosy lodges and businesses; some of which are nestled amongst bushes and alpine shrub.
To be sure to continue protecting our natural museum and our lifestyle from the detrimental elements of bushfires, please take seriously the importance of fire preparation.
As members of Mount Hotham community, we all have a part to play in ensuring that our buildings are accessible and fire ready.
There are five basic obligations Mount Hotham residents have for fire risk preparation, which must be updated every year to ensure that our community reduces its risk of serious fire damage like in previous years:
- Return an updated and current contact information form to MHARMB (attached here);
- Update your individual Emergency Management and Evacuation Plans in consultation with the CFA;
- Display evacuation plans clearly within the building;
- Test your emergency alarms and confirm they are operational; and
- Familiarise yourself with the MHARMBâ€™s Emergency Management Plan 2015-2018, which is accessible on our website http://www.developmthotham.com.au/publications-plans/plans/.
Please inform us once you have completed these simple steps by sending an email to email@example.com.
MHARMB thanks you for doing your part to protect the community and wishes you a safe green season at Mount Hotham.
10 February 2017
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Hotham backs a ride for a good cause - Tour de Cure 2017
- Corral Car Park Site, Hotham Village call for Expressions of Interest in development
- Bringing Easter To New Heights
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Summit Snowmaking Stage 4: Snowmaking Works
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Wangaratta Ski Club reunites in memory of member Charlie Derrick and the 50th Anniversary of Derrick Hut
- Marty and Dan cycle the 7 Peaks to raise money to assist those in need
- Developing tadpoles have, once again, been discovered in the Loch Dam
- Cyclists pedal â€˜7 Peaks in 7 Daysâ€™ to raise funds for prostate cancer research
- Mount Hotham welcomed Casey Demons VFL last weekend for their pre-season camp
- New picnic shelter infrastructure gives Mount Hotham a sense of arrival
- Hotham's Digital Tour Guide is all you need
- Mount Hotham's guided bushwalks are more than just a walk
- Mount Hothamâ€™s trail cameras pick up the wariest of native wildlife
- Mount Hotham sees its first snowfall for the year
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery